I’ve been doing a great deal of reading about the history of English teaching in secondary schools. Here are my notes on Simon Gibbons history of English teaching from 1960s to the present, English and Its Teachers.
- A new progressivism: English in the 1960s into the 1970s
- The calm before the storm? English from the 1970s into the 1980s
- Standardisation? The National Curriculum and assessment
- New Labour, new policies: the focus on literacy
- To coalition and beyond: back to the future?
- An English subject abroad